Tuesday, March 21, 2017

The Best Experience of My Life

Aside from the birth of my two children, I would have to say the best experience of my life was the day I graduated SUNY College at Old Westbury, in May 2015. It was a dream come true! I graduated with a Bachelor's Degree in Special Education and General Education Grades 1-6. Although life itself brought upon many obstacles, I was still able to overcome them and complete my degree. I was fortunate enough to gain motivation from my own children, and the support necessary from my family members. My parents came to this country with only the clothes on their backs, therefore they were and still are beyond proud of my accomplishments. I grew up in an environment where the only option was to work hard for what one wanted, and that's exactly what I did. My drive did not stop there, as I am presently completing my 3rd semester at Molloy College in the TESOL Program. I  plan on becoming an English as a New Language Teacher to work with all students at any level of proficiency.

Vocabulary:
Graduated- (noun) completing a course of study
Obstacles- (noun) something that slows down progress
Fortunate- (adj) luck
Motivation- (noun) providing a reason to act in a certain way
Overcome-(verb) to overpower a hard time
Accomplishments- (noun) something that has been completed

Vocabulary Activity:
Write a sentence using each of the vocabulary words above.
graduated:_________________________________
obstacles:__________________________________
fortunate:___________________________________
motivation:__________________________________
overcome:__________________________________
accomplishments:____________________________

Grammar Point: Interrogative Words
Answering wh-questions for information.
*where for place
*when for time
*how for in what way
*why for what reason
*who for person

Grammer Exercise:
After reading the paragraph answer the following questions:
Who was the paragraph about?
Where did the person graduate from?
When did the person graduate?
How was the person able to accomplish this?
Why has the person chosen to do this?

1 comment:

  1. Excellent entry and photo. You look so very happy there. Your hard work has paid off.

    ReplyDelete