Wednesday, March 22, 2017

PARTY PLANNER/DECORATOR

I'm not sure if this comes with age, but I woke up one night planning on starting my own business as a party planner/decorator. This is something that I've always loved to do, especially after I had my own two kids. This love for DYI (do it yourself) projects has gotten me into trouble (financially). I always say to myself, "okay this year I'm going to do something small", but it always turns out to be big. When I say "big", I mean big in all the little details. The more time I have to plan, the more ideas I come up with. The fact that I have a million family members does not help the situation at all. Every weekend it's someone's birthday, and of course I offer or am asked to help. One of the biggest parties I have planned has been my daughter 1st birthday. The theme was "Elmo". I took that idea and ran with it. It was no longer "Elmo's World" it was now "Sam's World", which I purchased all letter balloons and arched them as a prop in front of the cake table. Elmo had a goldfish named "Dorothy" of which I purchased about 20 goldfishes and bowls to set as centerpieces (along with fish food for the guest to take home). What's a kids party without the character? Well Elmo did not come alone. Along came Big Bird, Cookie Monster, and Zoey! And as if that wasn't enough, I planned a surprise entrance, where Samantha was driven in by her cousin in her new Hot Wheels Cadillac Escalade. Did I mention the clown? It was everything I had expected it to be.


VOCABULARY:
Business- (noun) profession (job)
Planner- (noun) a person who plans different parties or events
Decorator- (noun) a person who put things together such as setting up the tables, balloons, etc.
Financially- (adj)  dealing with money
Details- (noun) small part of something big
Situation- (noun) the position that someone is in

VOCABULARY EXERCISE: Unscramble the words
CINFLYANILA: _________________
SIBUSNES:______________________
OTDAEORCO:____________________
IDTSEAL:________________________
USONTIAUN:_____________________
ANRENPL:________________________

GRAMMAR POINT: Time Expressions
In, on, at; These tell you when something is happening.
Ex: Please arrive at 1pm.

GRAMMER EXERCISE: 
Please create an invitation where you are inviting someone to your birthday party, include:
Time:
Place:
Phone Number:

Image result for birthday party invitation template


1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are having fun with these parties. Good luck!
    Nice entry with all the right parts!

    ReplyDelete