Friday, March 24, 2017

SURPRISE VACATION
The time is almost here! I've planned a surprise vacation for my children and I to go to California on Spring break. The last time that I visited was about 15 years ago. The night that I booked the flights I could not sleep. It was a feeling I had never felt before. I'm not sure if it was the anxiety of flying or the excitement of planning a trip without my kids knowing. And trust me, its hard keeping a secret from my two. They hear everything and tag team to try to figure things out, but not this time. My plan is to tell them that we are going to the airport to drop off grandma, and once at the terminal tell them we are leaving :). I'm not sure if they also will be excited or nervous. I've kind of instilled fear in them since our last visit to NYC when we visited the One World Observatory. I explained to them what happened during 911 as they noticed peoples names engraved on the stones, and how we should be grateful and recognize those people that lost their lives on that day (not such a great idea before planning a trip). 
As mentioned in my previous blog I have a big family, many of which live in different cities of California. I plan on going to Disney Land, Hollywood, Santa Monica Pier, and who knows might even drive to Las Vegas! I figured since my son's birthday is in March, and my daughter's birthday is in May, April was the best month to travel, right in the middle of both. I'm taking a break from planning parties until I'm done with school. I hope this vacation is everything I expect it to be and much more. WISH ME LUCK!





                                                 
VOCABULARY:
Instilled-( verb) thoughts in to the mind
Engraved- (verb) letters on a hard surface
Booked- (verb) reserve or make reservations
Anxiety- (noun) feeling of fear
Observatory- (noun) building where things can be viewed
Terminal-(adj) where passengers are able to get on and off of an airplane

VOCABULARY EXERCISE: Draw a picture to match each vocabulary word.

GRAMMAR POINT: FUTURE



GRAMMAR EXERCISE:  Complete the paragraph about a place you would like to visit in the future.
I would like to visit ___________ in the future.
The reason why I would like to go to ________ is because ______________.
Once there I would like to do __________ and ____________.
I would also like to try_____________.





1 comment:

  1. I became more anxious about flying after 9/11. But you are going to gave a fabulous trip. No worries!

    ReplyDelete